Research and clinical evidence have shown that acupuncture and integrative medicine safely and effectively treat a wide array of pain and musculoskeletal conditions. In addition
to standard training, David Russell has completed advanced coursework in treating pain and musculoskeletal conditions with Dr. Frank He, as well as a 300 hour orthopedics program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with medical doctors specializing in orthopedic complaints.
At Russell Family Acupuncture, we specialize in treating:
- Back & Neck Pain
- Pain and Inflammation due to Herniated Discs, Spinal Stenosis, and “Pinched Nerves”
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sprained Ankles
- Knee and Shoulder Pain & Dysfunction
- Tendonitis (e.g. Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow)
- Migraines and Other Headaches
- Muscle Spasms and Cramps
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Acute Injuries (i.e. bruising, sprains, pulled muscles)
- Sciatica, Plantar Fasciites, TMJ, Bell’s Palsy, etc.
- Chronic Pain Conditions (e.g. RSD, fibromyalgia)
In addition to acupuncture, we use many other techniques and modalities to increase efficacy and speed recovery. Pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements and herbal medicines are prescribed internally to decrease inflammation, decrease pain, and accelerate tissue healing. Herbal soaks and plasters are utilized to speed tendon, ligament, and bone healing. Manual therapy, orthopedic massage techniques, and therapeutic exercise are also used when indicated. Furthermore, there are many Western medical doctors that we refer to when necessary.